Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chicken Eggs



We are caring for a neighbor's chickens while they are out of town. It's been fun to save our table scraps for them and collect the eggs they lay. Here's a gigantic egg one of them laid. Poor chicken.

8 comments:

Marisha & Forrest said...

Woah! Didjya have some fertility drugs in your table scraps?

Pooor, poor chicken

...April* said...

HOLY MOTHER of eggs?! LOL, I loved Marisha's comment...hahaha

Youngberg Family said...

LOL! Well I figured out today what the deal was. Twins! There were two yolks. So does that mean they would have been identical twins??

Ryan and Rachel said...

HAHAHA you guys are so funny!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Wow! That is crazy!

Becca said...

Hi Kristin! I just found your blog through Emily Gibbons' blog. It was neat because I had just been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. My blog is private, but I'd love to give you an invite. Email me at dearheart (dot) becca at gmail. Hope to hear from you soon.

P.S. That's a great egg. I'm glad you took a picture.

Becca said...

Oh, I'm Rebecca Cox, in case you couldn't tell from my picture.

Joy said...

Wow! We hadn't gotten an egg that big yet. The people who sold us the chickens said that one of them lays a lot of double-yolk eggs, but we hadn't seen one yet.
I was wondering how are ladies were doing, thanks so much for taking care of them!