Yesterday I was working on dinner when Lexi walks in the room and asks, "Mom, can I help you with anything?" That has got to be some of the best words a mom can hear right?So I taught her how to peel carrots and she did awesome. I was chopping up some potatoes and we were just chatting. Then after a while she said, "This makes me happy." I asked her why she thought it made her happy. "Because it makes the whole family happy when I help and make good choices." Yes! Then she says, "I think Heavenly Father and Jesus are smiling right now. They are always watching me and they are happy when I make good choices too. Do you think they're smiling mom?"
These are some of the best moments of being a mom! It's so great to see her little testimony growing, especially when it involves making right choices.
The crazy thing is a few months ago she was a completely different child - very tough to be with and I started reading books and researching ways to deal with her. For a while it was one fight after another (mainly with me or her sister). But lately she has just been such a pleasure to be with. I can't decide if she was going through a phase or we did something from those books that did it. All I know is I'm going to enjoy every bit of this sweet 4 year old!
8 comments:
What mommy payoff moments! That's awesome!
How SWEET!!
I love to see how much they learn too! One of my favorite moments was watching Danna give the scripture in primary (with Daddy's help). Afterword she kept saying, "mom I'm so proud of myself!"
Adorable!
If only I could get my 2-year old to be so sweet. . .
What a great memory! I remember Mister being the same way, very difficult, but around the time he turned 4 he started becoming a pleasure to be with. Maybe it's the age along with your parenting. :)
Adorable. So sweet =)))
So cute. So glad that she is beign so sweet.
You look beautiful in this picture btw.
Oh, this is so sweet.
Gotta know what those books are...I need a sweet turn-around!!
Post a Comment