No ships were here yesterday and John's parent's invited us to go out fishing. We pulled Lexi out of school for the day (it's a big deal these days if John has a day off) and spent the day on the ocean. It was perfect weather, the girls behaved, and everyone caught at least something (but nothing to brag about).
We saw eagles, seals, porpoises, humpbacks (very far away), jellyfish, and caught a cod, a halibut, salmon, a yellow-eyed snapper (I think) and a shark.
I'm trying to sell this experience to ya'll so you'll come up and visit us by the way! :) We had a great time. Enjoy the pictures!
My salmon (my father in law is holding it for me because I didn't want to touch it and get dirty)

Lexi's little salmon - we threw it back.

Another small salmon for Kaytlin to reel in...

Just her size

Lana caught the biggest salmon of the day. At times it was fighting too hard to reel, she just had to hold tight.

The one and only halibut of the day - yeah, small but that's okay. Again, I'm not going to touch it. :)


The dog shark. They stay near halibut and usually steal the bait, but we were glad to show one off to the girls before we threw it back.


2 comments:
day off?! Must be the end of the season.
I agree! I enjoy fishing, but I certainly don't like touching the fish! My Dad always removed the line for me when I was little! Ella, on the other hand, is not afraid to touch and play with fish she catches. Crazy kid!
Wow--Dad Shark--cool to see! So, there IS a shark in Alaska (I'm remembering my shark shirt days at Del Sol...I even own one shark shirt...)
Post a Comment