Saturday, June 20, 2009

A day at Dyea

We have all of our employees now! Wahoo! John will get every Saturday off now (plus Sunday rotations - that's what we get for having LDS employees).
We took some time today to drive to Dyea and go to the beach there. It's only a 10-mile drive from Skagway, but it's a narrow, winding gravel road and there's even a one-lane bridge (so it seemed farther away). Right before we got to the water there were meadows of wildflowers. Irisses and a bunch of other stuff I don't recognize. From there we "off-roaded" onto the flats and played in the grass and on the beach until the girls decided they were done being dirty. It was fun to spend the day together since John will have to work on Father's Day. We're so lucky to have him in our lives. What a great Daddy!
While we were at the beach I thought of my Dad and how he used to say "Ride with the wind!" when he taught me how to ride a bike. I saw Lexi running on the beach and shouted "Run with the wind!" in honor of my Dad.
Happy Father's day to John, my Dad, Mike, TC, and all other Daddy's out there!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds like a good day! I love your new header. You have a beautiful family! Happy Father's Day

TC, Ashley said...

Happy Father's Day to John! Sounds like you guys had a good day-how fun!

Sarah Reed said...

Happy fathers day! i love your family picture!!

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

Since we don't live very close to you and don't get to see you guys often enough, I love how you post with so many pictures. THANKS!

Happy Father's Day to John.

Apryl May said...

wow! another amazing picture! that is so beautiful