Monday, March 19, 2012

Quick trip

Just got back last night from a youth temple trip. Found out that only 15% of the church lives more than 200 miles from a temple. We are in that percentage and probably always will be. Eight of our youth made the sacrifice and traveled more than 700 miles to attend the Seattle temple. Here's how it went:
Thursday: arrive late at night, check into hotel
Friday: Early morning fireside and testimonies
3+ hours at the temple doing baptisms for the dead
Dinner at a buffet
Bowling (yeah, we don't even have bowling here!)
Some of us went to Dairy Queen
Saturday: Some of us adults went to temple at 6am
Check out right after breakfast
3+ hours service project
A few hours at the mall
Go to airport for flight home
I am so grateful for the opportunity to attend the temple. I remember going there as a youth so it was really neat to go back as a leader.
My parents drove across the state (in snowy weather) to come because I needed someone to babysit Addison. Can you believe that?! My mom just thought she had to come and see us since we were so close (4 hours away)! I arrived a day earlier than the youth because it was slightly cheaper and I had to see a dentist. It was fun to have some extra time with my parents. Addie adjusted pretty well, and got pretty attached to my dad.
The temple was really great, but it was so fun just playing around with the kids too. I taught them Spazz Uno, the "hair-fighting" game (hee hee), and made extra tall icecream cones at the buffet. Good times to remember (but no pictures because I'm not so good at remembering to take pictures).

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful trip! Sacrifices to go to the temple will definitely bring blessings, and I'm sure that you are setting a fabulous example for your kids. That is so great that you got to see your parents, too!

Marisha & Forrest said...

You were the fun leader, huh?

What a great trip! =) Mom was telling me all about how Addie loves Dad! =)

Erika said...

Sounds amazing! But don't be so negative! Someday there will be a temple...maybe in Juneau? It might take another 200 years, but it could happen.

Ryan and Rachel said...

Hair fighting?????? Ohhh the memories, I am trying to remember spazz uno though.