I was sitting outside on my parent's back porch in 100 degree weather (and loving it) drinking a slurppee and watching my girls and my niece yesterday. I'm on vacation visiting my family and getting a tan (first time in 3 years thank you very much). John is pretty much dying since we left him behind, but it's kinda fair since he works so much we don't see him most of the summer anyway.
Anyway, I was watching the girls play when I heard an ice cream truck roll by. That has got to be the most joyous sound to a kid on a hot summer day. If we didn't have slurppees already I would have raced to find some money and indulge in some cold dessert, but instead just took in the moment.
I love hot summer sunny days!
2 comments:
What? A real summer? A hot summer? What kind of beast is this?
When will you be back in the Tri-cities? we'll be coming on Aug 14th. Hope to see you!!!!! Let me know, so we can plan something together.
Post a Comment