We were tourists again today! The main excursion people come up here and do is the train ride up White Pass. We got a good deal (of course) and went to the summit - a scenic 3-hour ride with a car pretty much to ourselves, to just inside of British Columbia. Marisha babysat for us (thank you!) and we took Lexi with us. (There's a caboose parked in town that she loves to play around and she's been waiting all summer to ride the train.) I thought this was a funny picture, with other cameras in the shot and all, but that's just the way things really are.
On a side note, I met a deaf man on the train and talked (signed) to him and his girlfriend. It was fun to use ASL, if even for a few minutes. I tried to get Lexi to sign but she was too shy.
All in all, another great day in Skagway!! (more pictures below)


1 comment:
Cool! That is great that you got to use your ASL--I am impressed that you still remember it! Way to go!
Post a Comment