We had a great day today! Marisha had today off so we went to Long Bay to meet some friends. Lexi (and John and I) have made some great friends up here. When we got there the other family had stopped at the river to play so we joined them there. I still can't believe those kids played so long in the water - it was freezing! Seriously, my feet went numb just walking to the sandbar. Lexi's been coming out of her shell up here. She's becoming a lot more social and adventuresome (thanks to her friends).
We had lunch and just enjoyed each other's company and the nice, warm day. I was glad Marisha brought her camera, she took some awesome pictures. I've posted a few.
We just got back from watching the fireworks with another family we're friends with. (The people who do the fireworks are from a larger town so we get them a day early here). Can't wait for the parade and other festivities tomorrow. I love this country and am so grateful for our founding fathers and all those who have sacrificed so that we can have such freedom. Today was great just watching the kids play and be completely free. God bless America!


2 comments:
A beautiful post!! We are so blessed. Children playing and being free with no care in the world! That's how I want to be :) !
Wow, what a fun day! :)
Post a Comment