Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Out of the mouth of Babes

One of the things I love about this time of year is the Primary Program in Sacrament meeting. I just got a copy of this year's program and had to share some of the cute things in it. What they did was use the 12 themes of the year (one for every month), add the scripture that goes with it, ask the kids a question or two and sing a song that correlates with the theme. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, it's so cute because the kids say their answer to the question as their part in the program. Here are some of the answers I liked.

Question (to the sunbeams): What's one gift Heavenly Father has given you to make you special?
-Everything about me is special
-My curly hair makes me special
-My love for soccer makes me special
-I am special because I say my prayers
-My love for singing primary songs makes me special
-I am special because I like to make people smile
-My home and family makes me special
-Knowing my ABCs makes me special

Question: Why do we need to repent?
-We need to repent because if we don't repent we have to live with Satan
-We need to repent because Heavenly Father told us to

Question: What do you do to show your family you love them?
-I love to give my family kisses

Question: How does seeing the temple make you feel?
-I get a happy feeling inside and out
-Seeing the temple makes me feel like Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost and Jesus Christ are with me

Question: How do you prepare for baptism?
-Before I was able to get baptized I had to speak to the Bishop. Then we got our white clothes ready

Question: What can you do on Sunday to serve Heavenly Father?
-By sitting down and being quiet and reverent during sacrament meeting

Question (sunbeams): How does learning about Jesus make you feel?
-I feel better learning about Jesus
-I feel happy learning about Jesus
-I get a warm feeling inside
-It makes me hungry for more
-I am thankful for all He does for me

Don't you just love the innocence of children? Oh, I just love those kids!

2 comments:

Amy said...

So dang cute! I hope you write down everything your girls say too...I'm sure Lexi just says some fun stuff!

...April* said...

That is adorable, thanks for sharing!