Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Conference Camp-in

It was great to be able to watch conference at home. The girls didn't have to miss snacks, naps, or time to play - and we actually got something out of conference. I got the feeling that there are going to be some tough times ahead, but our leaders gave counsel with how to deal with it all. Sometimes it really feels like it's the last days, but it's all good. "Come what may and love it!"
So all summer I wanted our family to go camping. It was such a wet, cold, and crummy summer that we decided to camp-in instead of go on a campout. We still got to set up John's new tent and had a little adventure - just no dirt! :o) It would have been fun to have a campfire but I don't think our landlord would approve. :o) Lexi thought is was pretty cool, until John and I fell asleep and she realized she had to too. She woke us up and said she wanted to sleep in bed. We couldn't convince her to stay so she slept in her room. In the middle of the night I had to feed Kaytlin and woke up so uncomfortable I decided to go to my bed too. John woke up a few hours later, feeling deserted and came to bed. In the morning conference started (8 am our time) so we turned the tent around and watched Sunday morning session from our tent. We were like King Benjamin's people (Mosiah 2:5-6). It was an adventure!

4 comments:

Adam & Rachel said...

wow....sounds like quite the little adventure. it's always hard to rough it the whole night in the tent when you know your bed is so close by. you guys are funny. glad to see you are having fun.

Marisha & Forrest said...

Hee Hee!! That sounds like SUCH a fun adventure! I think it's hilarious how everyone finally went and slept in their own beds, and how you couldn't convince Lexi to stay!
=) How fun, I love camping, even if it is IN. You guys are such an adorable, fun little family
I love you and miss you all!!

Marissa said...

What a fun thing to do! We visited Scott's parents for conference and had a wonderful time. It was a really powerful GC, don't you think? Glad to see you're doing well and having fun together. :)

...April* said...

how fun!!!!!!!!!!!! cute idea!