Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Bookworm
So I just finished a book today. I love to read. Seriously, I've had to limit myself. Let me go back a ways. When I was pregnant with Lexi I had just started my Junior year of college. Until I graduated in December I had to do all I could to keep up and finish school. Happy to say, I am done and can now read for fun, which I did not start doing again until November, when I was almost done with my classes. So guess how many books I've read in that time? 21. No kidding. And no, I am not counting the books I read to Lexi everyday thank you very much. :o) I've been trying to read a variety of books - autobiographies, historical fiction, clean romance, books on finances, etc. I must say one of my favorites is "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. We read that one last month for the book club I joined. I've never read any of Jane Austen, so if anyone has, which should I start with? Any recommendations for any books?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I LOVED "The Hiding Place"! It was so powerful. My favorite Jane Austen is "Pride and Prejudice" hands down. I used to read it at least once a year until the movie came out - now I cheat and watch the movie, which isn't disappointing compared to the book.
I agree. Read Pride and Prejudice. It's a classic, and you know the story because you have either heard about it or seen the movie. I've heard it's her best.
You should also read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
I love reading books too!...it's nice not to be in college so that I can have time for more books. I just read A Thousand Splendid Suns--I highly recommend that....oh, and Three Cups of Tea
Hey Kristin, that's awesome that you are reading. I just read a book by Jane Clayson called "I am a Mother" and I would highly recommend it!!
Kristin?!?! This is Aubrey. Send me an e-mail girl! aubynae@gmail.com
Post a Comment