Lexi loves daisies. She runs when she sees them...
picks the first one she sees...
John's cousin is working up here for the summer. The girls and I spent a day being tourists with her. We walked around creek street, and one of the totem pole parks,
then we went to the beach. We were trying to see eagles, salmon, and bears, but only saw a bunch of eagles. I can't remember how many we counted, probably something like 20 or so. After that we drove to the end of the highway (20 miles north of town) and hiked a little trail to a bridge by a waterfall. We were lucky that it only sprinkled on us a little. We've been having more rain than usual this summer.
Lexi still considers Kaytlin as one of her toys. It's a good thing Kaytlin is such a good baby!
For the Fourth of July we spent the day in town.
This guy was holding an eagle on a float for the Fourth of July parade.
We stood on the same block as Del Sol so John was able to join us (and of course it was raining - what's new!). Later that night we watched the fireworks from our laundry room window and talked about it being our country's birthday. Lexi still talks about the "happy birthday lights for our country."
Lexi also got her first official haircut. We were surprised at how well she did. The lady gave her a sucker and Lexi didn't seem to mind anything that was going on. She got about 2 and a half inches cut off. Goodbye mullet!
Still to come:
John's big halibut (from a few weeks ago)
Trip to Montana (woohoo!)










4 comments:
You have such a cute family!...and you look like such a good mom! Lexi is just so adorable, and Kaytlin is just so beautiful! Boy, I wish I could wear a jacket in the summer! I miss the cool weather!
Sounds like you've had a fun July so far! Even though it's rainy, Ketchikan looks beautiful! Your family is gorgeous, keep the pictures coming. :)
Kristin, your blog looks so good. I need your help! How do you put pictures and the commentary in different areas in the blog. I always just put all my pics together and then the description. I don't know how to do it differently. And then the borders? How do you do that? I am impressed with your skills!
Your girls are very cute! I just came across your blog for the first time and it is well done. Glad to see and hear from the Youngberg family!
Post a Comment