Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy baby, sick child

So here it is, a week later. My angel mother flew home today and now we're on our own. It was great having her here to help since John has had to work almost every day since Kaytlin was born. I'm feeling much better than on Sunday (the day she "missed" her flight and impulsively decided to stay longer).

I still don't have too many pictures of Kaytlin, but here's one closer-up and with her eyes open.
She has been just about the perfect baby. She is so content and happy when she is awake, and hardly cries at all. The last 3 nights she's let us sleep well too - only waking us up twice in the night to eat, and then she goes right back to sleep. She is so precious to us and we're so glad she's joined our family!


Lexi has done pretty well adjusting. She absolutely loves baby Kaytlin and just wants to hug and kiss her and hold her all the time. When she talks to her she talks in a voice 2 octaves higher than normal and with the cutest look on her face. They're both adorable! This picture is of her picking out what she wanted to wear for the day. ALL of her clothes ended up heaped on our kitchen floor.

So I'm feeling much better, Kaytlin is doing great, John has some less busy days of work, but poor Lexi is sick. Some cold or virus caught her at nursery I'm sure. The doctor said he would "bet money" that Kaytlin will get sick too. I just hope it won't be too bad and that Lexi will recover quickly.


5 comments:

Ryan and Rachel said...

What a wonderful family you guys have! I am so happy for you and wish you the best!!

Jesse and Angel said...

Congrats Kristin!!!! That is soo exciting having another member of your family. She is adorable!!!

Sarah said...

Kristin!! This is Sarah, your roomie from ol' Belmont at BYU! I saw your blog on Amy's and was so excited to be able to see how you are doing! You and Johnny-Face (thats still how I remember him!) look so good, and your little girls are adorable! And you really are in Alaska! Wow! I remember you guys talking about living there. Good luck with your new little one and I'm excited to be able to stay updated on your lives! www.carusocraze.blogspot.com

...April* said...

Is Lexi getting better? Did Kaytlin ever get sick? Or did the doc lose the money he would have bet? Haha. :) Love you lots! SEE YOU IN A FEW DAYS, YAY!!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad to have a working internet again so that I can finally post on your blog and say hello!!!!
Your girls are beautiful! Congratulations on the new addition to your family. You and John look great! (It is so hard not to write Johnny-face. :) He will always be that to me).
The picture of Lexi and John throwing rocks in the ocean is GORGEOUS. A girl from Alaska moved in to our ward in Belmont the semester after you got married. She was from Juneau and said the weather there was just like Provo. Is it true?
Love you and miss you! I am so excited to keep in touch now and not just wonder how you guys are doing. :)