John got a job at Melaleuca as a forecaster at their corporate office. We first applied to the position 7 months ago and it has take so long, partly because we're from "all the way in Alaska" and they had to get extra approval to fly him down (cost way more than other applicants) and approval for everything else and whatnot.
So we'll be moving to Idaho Falls, ID and we're super excited! Being closer to family, being able to attend the temple on a regular basis, road trippin', etc. It'll be so so sad to say goodbye to our friends here. The kids are so sad! We've lived here for over 7 years.
All summer we were savoring the local stuff and checking things off our bucket list, like ziplining (crazy fun, kinda scary!), float plane tour to Misty Fjords, days at the beach, hikes, climbing Deer Mountain (grueling!!), taking the kids fishing (Kaytlin, our pickiest eater loves salmon. But only silver salmon), berry picking, etc. The kids have started a tradition of counting all the waterfalls on the way to town on rainy days (over 50). I'm hoping to see the humpback whales bubble feed again, but we'll see if there's time.
I'm supposed to be packing. Packing sucks.
We're putting everything in a 20 foot container on Monday, which will be shipped to Seattle and then loaded onto a moving truck and driven to Idaho Falls. We get to leave the next Monday and ferry to Prince Rupert and then drive the 1700 miles or so on down. We're supposed to have a house hunting trip too, but we're waiting to hear if they booked our tickets.
I'm really hoping our stuff fits in the container.
So many many things to do........ Why do we have so much stuff??? I've packed 11 boxes of kitchen stuff. 11! And there's still the pots and pans and everyday dishes!!
I should probably change the name of the blog. Any suggestions?
I'm really tired of packing.............
We promised the kids we'd get them a pet when we get into a house. I might regret that.
Must...go...pack..........
2 comments:
Seriously, we're excited for you to come and hope you like it here. I've got a bunch of blond girls for your bunch of blond girls to play with :)
seriously, we can help with moving and whatever else you need when you get here. just let us know what we can help with and when you'll be here. have you got a house picked out already?
call me sometime 208-522-4621
Tiffany
So exciting! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment