Lexi is very independent, which is awesome when it comes to school work. Most days she does her homework on the bus ride home, and she takes pride in finishing weeklong assignments early. (By the way don't you think it's a little crazy that from kindergarten on kids have homework every single day!?! I mean aren't they at school long enough? Anyway...)
Lexi was meant to be our oldest kid. She loves to be in charge, or think she's in charge. :) Addison follows her around and absolutely loves everything about Lexi. It's super helpful on Sundays when I have to get the kids ready for church on my own, because Lexi will help Addie get dressed (shoes and all) and usually ends up helping her to the car and buckling her while I'm gathering last minute stuff. Lexi likes to boss around Kaytlin, which is the beginning of their fighting most of the time. That and tattling.... Fun, fun. :)
She is strong-willed, emotional, and can be very intense. In January she decided she wanted to be in gymnastics. I wasn't ready to get her in right away because she had just finished a dance class and I didn't want to start and stop her in a bunch of different activities. I watched as she worked every day on figuring out how to do a cartwheel. She was persistent and got really good at cartwheels and then started working on the splits. I was convinced that she was ready to do gymnastics and she's been loving it the last 3 months. Being the leader she is, she spends a lot of time playing gymnastics at home and being Kaytlin's coach. On Saturday she had a gymnastics performance and John posted the videos on his facebook page. My favorite was balance beam and seeing how focused and serious she was. :)
In January John started teaching her piano. She performed in her first recital last week and did a great job! Now that John's busy with the cruise ship season and working longer hours I'm taking over as her teacher for the summer. Right now she's excited about piano so I'd rather keep her going than spend all summer losing what she's just learned.
For her birthday Lexi asked for a pair of high heeled shoes (she asked almost every day) and make up. !!! The make up didn't happen, but she is the proud owner of some silvery-sparkly high heels.
This summer I'm going to have to teach Lexi how to make some simple snacks and food. She is constantly hungry and eats and eats and eats!
This time of year there are wildflowers growing everywhere. Lexi loves to pick a whole bouquet for me after school. I joke with her that she should plan on running a flower shop when she's older but she reminds me she wants to work with her Dad when she's a grown up.
1 comment:
Wow! I should watch those videos. Great pics! She is growing up that's for sure!
Post a Comment