Thursday, July 7, 2011

Homemade Hot Pockets

Not too long ago I got released and called to serve in YWs as the Beehive Advisor (Which has been way fun). I'm still surprised at all the extra time I seem to have now. Here's something I've found to do in some of that free time. I got the idea from a lady in the ward on using up leftovers. These have worked out great for John to take to work for lunches.
1. Make dough (I use the dough setting on my bread machine and use their recipe)
2. Give the girls their own dough to play with and to keep them out of trouble. (BTW that arm in the corner of the picture is not Addie.)
3. Roll out a small handful of dough and fill with leftover concoction. (Below is chicken and BBQ sauce.)
4. Fold over, pinch to seal around edges and cut away extra dough (I've got an awesome Cutco pizza cutter that won't cut my countertop). Good luck trying to keep the food from seeping out - trial and error there.
5. Get more stuff to keep the kiddos entertained and happy.
6. Top with flavorful stuff. Below are pizza ones topped with Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese. Next time I'm going to try with melted butter and crushed up croutons for the non pizza ones.
7. Bake. I think I've done them at 375* for like 10 minutes?? I don't know, something like cookies
7. Eat or freeze. Frozen ones are ready to eat after 1 1/2 - 2 mins in microwave.
Random picture of Addie
Today I made extra scrambled eggs to make breakfast style hotpockets (egg, bacon bits or ham, cheese). Last week I made some chicken cheese and brocolli ones. I haven't made plain old ham and cheese ones yet. Next time we have roast I'll use some of the beef for BBQ beef pockets. Pizza ones are the best though and they look the prettiest too.

What leftovers could you put into a hot pocket?

3 comments:

Ryan and Rachel said...

Look at you fancy Mama! Way to go and great ideas.

Marisha & Forrest said...

YUM! make me one! Pizza please ;P

Anonymous said...

I'm SO going to try this!