
So John and I were supposed to be in Anchorage now, but our plans had to change. I went to my check up earlier this week and things weren't quite right. I was measuring too small and after an utlrasound found out I didn't have enough amniotic fluid (supposed to be at a level 10-15 and I was at a 3). So instead of packing for our temple trip, I got to check into the hospital for an overnight stay. Chances were pretty high that I'd deliver the next day.
Four IV bags, a priesthood blessing, and 24 hours later tests surprisingly looked good and I was able to go home. "Now," my midwife says, "you're not on bedrest but..." and so the rest of this pregnancy I have to be extremely careful and take it easy, oh and I have to drink a whole ton more water too.
Of course the next day was a warmer, sunny day in Ketchikan (rare). I spent most of the day being grumpy and shopping online (turns out we needed a new infant car seat and we decided to go ahead and order the girls' birthday presents so they'd get here in plenty of time).
After Lexi came home from preschool we spent some time outside. It was so hard not to spend the whole day doing some much needed yard work! But just being out with my girls and getting some sunshine made a big difference for me. Looks like the next few days are supposed to be nice out, so even though I can't go for a walk or do much of anything, I think I better step outside and feel the sunshine.
What's killing me is that Lexi has Spring Break next week and I feel so bad that we can't get out and do much for it. I probably shouldn't even let her invite friends over, which is something she's been looking forward to. Good think she likes art projects right?
Part of me is wishing we could have just had our baby since I'm technically full term (37 weeks) and she looked to weigh about 6 lb 14 oz. I'd much rather deliver her at that than 8 pounds! I'll have check ups twice a week now so we'll see what happens.
Trying to keep positive! Thank goodness for sunshine, a supportive husband (he's really been great and done a ton!) and girls that get along for the most part and keep smiling. And a healthy baby despite everything.
Happy thoughts....

PS-I'll eventually put on a picture of me with my belly. The only one I had was from the hospital and looked too depressing to share! :)
5 comments:
Thanks for updating this! and for always posting the cutest of pictures! love you, Glad you are doing better *hug*
Good luck Kristin! I know it must be hard to take it easy. I'm trying to imagine you grumpy... I don't think I've ever seen it-lol!
Happy thoughts and prayers to you!
You know you can always leave the girls with me while you take it easy... I know that doesn't help but I would be happy to take them. I am glad that you got a little more time to prepare and can't wait to meet your sweet baby.
oh TRUST ME ASHLEY...Kristin gets grumpy too! lol it's cute though. :) heehe. Kristin, I seriously think all this happened cause you guys weren't supposed to go to Anchorage for whatever reason. hang in there sis. Time will fly and all will be well. Don't wish you would have the baby and get it over with...just relish the days you don't have to be wiping a poopy butt w/ leaking nipples. although, having an 8lb baby probably WOULD make a big difference when you do it naturally, geeez! oh how i love you!
Post a Comment