
We deciced to move here for the summer. John will be managing the Del Sol store and Marisha (my sister) will be working in it too. I'm so excited for the adventure and to hang out with Marisha. It's warmer and sunnier in Skagway than where live now and just a cute little historic town. There's 862 people who live there year-round and I have no idea how many will be there during the cruise ship season. We're going to take the bare minimum to live with because we'll be living in a one bedroom apartment that will (likely) be furnished. The girls and I will be going on lots of picnics, walks, and hikes, so hopefully I'll be able to lose some weight and maybe get some color! I'm excited just thinking about seeing grass again and going on this fun 5 month adventure! There's a bigger town like an hour and a half away in Canada that has a Walmart so we'll need to take our passports. Anyone know if you need passports for kids going to Canada? Also, I'm trying to decide on whether or not I should get a two-kid stoller, or go with our little umbrella stroller for Kaytlin and make Lexi walk everywhere with me. That just sounds mean.
As for the one bedroom apartment - I'm trying to come up with ways to make the most of our space. The girls will have the bedroom and John and I will have our bed in the front room. I'm thinking we'll eat on a folding table and chairs so they can be moved away when we're not using them. Maybe we could get a futon and that will be our bed for the summer...Any other ideas?

Hey Marisha here's that website I was telling you about:
http://www.skagway.com/index.html
PS- In case you were wondering, we're moving to Skagway to improve the store there and save up for a house.
9 comments:
Skagway looks really pretty. It sounds like fun. I bet Marisha will have a lot of fun too. Are futons very comfortable? I would think you'd rather have a bed. I think the folding table and chairs sounds like a good idea. I don't have much ideas for saving space but Ikea does! (you guys probably don't have one of those there though right?) Good luck-sounds like an experience!
Sounds like it will be a fun little adventure! A futon does sound like a good idea. Does John still have back issues? I agree with Ashley about Ikea, but if you don't have one, that doesn't help much. Good luck! I'm excited to hear all about it!
Ikea huh? I'll have to see if they ship to Alaska...
I don't know how fancy you want to get but there are always folding up picnic tabled that you can get in the camping stuff. The tables and chairs fold up into it and it will lay flat for you ??? An idea i guess. Oh and me and Jesse have slept on a futon and grandparents house....not a good nights rest... but maybe you can find one that is???oh and i put the recipe you wanted on my blog
A futon would be cool to have your bed on and have it be in a chair when ppl come over or if you don't want it to look like a bed *shrugs* But... sounds like they have a reputation of being uncomfortable.. if that is the case, you don't want to sleep on that for 5 months.
I'm excited too!
Wow, what an adventure! Sounds like so much fun! I HIGHLY recommend a double stroller. We got one (Joovy Caboose)that is a regular stroller in the front and a jump-seat type seat in the back where the older kid can either sit or stand and hop on and off easily. We can't live without it because Mister likes to walk mostly but when he gets tired he wants to sit down or hitch a ride. And both kids are too heavy to carry and push another one in the stroller when Mister gets tired. I can't recommend this stroller enough!
I agree with Marissa about the stroller if you are going to do a lot of walking etc.
Also you could just take the top mattress of your bed to save space. Futons are pretty uncomfortable unless you get a high quality thick futon. (How bout the air mattress--HA-HA!! Gotcha on that one JOHN!!)
Love ya, MOM
Seriously, that will be a great adventure! I just worry about John's back! But at least it's only temporary. Everyone has great ideas about how to work it.
Yeah, I think the futon isn't a good idea. We (especially John) would be miserable.
Post a Comment