Sunday, January 11, 2009

School Mascots

So the other day we went to dinner with some friends and were naming off all these pathetic/random/weird school mascots. Here were a few:
King Salmon (that's the high school here)
Bombers (good old Richland with their mushroom cloud)
Blue Ponies
Russets (yes, the potato and yes, a school in Idaho)
Cavemen
Jack Rabbits
Any others you know of?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow...those are pretty ridiculous (especially the russet one!). I don't think I could beat that, although I do think bulldog is a pretty lame mascot.

Marissa said...

How about the Banana Slugs (UC-Santa Cruz)? That's a pretty out-there mascot. Fun post. :)

...April* said...

Check this one out:

Jordan Beetdiggers (Sandy, UT) -- The sugar beet is Utah's state vegetable. Sugar beets were an important cash crop in much of the state until the Depression.

BUT FOR A HIGH SCHOOL MASCOT? Come ON Mormons! hahahahah

Unknown said...

Hi Kristin my mother was showing pictures of your family after I talked to John and I saw the list of Mascots and I have three for you. The first one is not so much a bad one as someone not paying attention.

The S.S. Storm(SS stands for Superstition Skyline.) which was the high school name.

The Scottsdale Artichokes

The Rainbows

Have fun in Skaggway