Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lexi spotlight


Lexi is teaching me how to be a girl. We paint our nails and take turns brushing each others hair. Gosh, my hair is turning brown isn't it? A photographer here in town took the girls pictures this morning. She's taking pictures for free and then copying them on cds while she gets experience and builds a portfolio. I'll pick up the cd this afternoon from her. It inspired me to so I took some pictures of Lexi when we got home. These tall weeds are right in front of our car, in the back of our building. This mossy wall is in the front. My goal next summer to to take more pictures outside and of the outdoors. It really is beautiful up here.
We leave tomorrow morning to go to Washington! Wahoo! We'll spend 2 weeks with my parents, and April and George and James and Marisha will be there for Thanksgiving. We are so excited. For the past month Lexi has been talking about going on an airplane ride "someday." She tells us after she gets a snack and lays down, she'll see grandma and grandpa and jump on the trampoline and fall on her bum. She wants all of the family to jump with her.
We can't wait to go "down south" to the "lower 48." John and I are planning on doing most of the cooking, some yardwork (weird, I know, but we love it!), and doing things we can't normally do in this rainy town. We are so excited to spend time with my family. We're just going to miss TC, Ashley and Savanna who will all be in Flordia with family. We'll have to do webcam. I'm hoping to do a lot of the cooking for Thanksgiving. Yum! I can't wait!

3 comments:

TC, Ashley said...

Kristin, those pictures are so cute! We are going to miss seeing you guys for Thanksgiving! Wow, we didn't realize you were staying that long. That will be so much fun! Anyway, to answer your question about what gifts we are getting Savanna we got her some Bloks (that is the brand they are almost like legos)a Little People's Noah ark (that is something Kaytlin may like), some musical instruments ( I can give you the website for that when I talk to TC), a pop up book, an activity board for shapes, and a bouncy ball. We also got her an outfit and pjs and we are going to Build a Bear on her birthday.

Marisha & Forrest said...

I realize that I have been IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of lately! I will call you and tell you about it soon. I heard that Allison and you guys met up at the airport - what a small world & how fun!
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!
*giggle*

I adore those pictures btw.

Marisha & Forrest said...

BTW: I challenge us to actually make delicious candies this year! I want to bake with you =)

And dude, YES, your hair is turning brown that is crazy! Have you thought about dying it all darker or lightening all of it up? Just wanan know what you think darlin!