The girls came along since we couldn't find anyone to watch them last minute. We took turns fishing and entertaining them. At first Lexi didn't want to come near the fish we caught (she's gone fishing before and touched the fish - she still talks about how icky it is). By the end she was laughing at how the fish would "wiggle." She got ahold of the camera and took the picture of Kaytlin and I (John's dad is in the background).

These next two pictures were from a while ago. John went fishing with his parents and cousin. So it was a sunny day, the water was relatively calm, and a great day for fishing. While they were fishing there were humpbacks nearby and they saw one breech twice! (Breech means it jumps out of the water.) Then John caught his biggest halibut yet - 53.5 lbs! Of course his mom ended up bringing up an 80-something pounder right after John's was up! And to top it all off they called Dustin (John's brother) to come and take pictures before the fish got filleted - all so that I could put them on our blog. :o)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Fish Tales
So yesterday was a shorter day for the stores and so John's dad offered to take us and 2 family friends fishing. I caught the first fish - a 15 lb or so silver salmon. John didn't get so lucky and just got a bunch on "Jack" salmon. We use bait bigger than that! In fact we brought along like a 10 lb salmon to use for bait if we ended up halibut fishing. I like fishing with John because he baits my hook, takes my fish off the hook, and someone else fillets it for me. I don't even have to get dirty! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Wow, what a cool day!! Kristin I'm so proud of you for catching a fish! (You look SOOOO CUTE in that picture, I absolutely love it!)
Hahahaha, John's fish is so little! That's hilarious! [=
Lexi looks like she's having a BLAST, and Kaytlin still looks adorable with half a face =P Props to April and I for teaching Lexi how to use cameras huh?! Hahaha.
John's fish is HUUUGE! And I can't believe Lana (sp?) caught an 80 pounder! that is freaking CRAZY!
You guys look really happy and look like you're having a blast in Alaska (minus the dreary summer)
=D
Love you all
Miss you all
Wow, adventures in fishing! Looks like so much fun. I bet living there is so cool. Congrats on catching such a big salmon. That sounds so yummy!
Looks like you are just having a blast there! I love Lexi's face in the boat! how fun!
sweet pictures! Those fish are awesome!
For some reason when I saw the first picture, I thought I should be seeing you pregnant, but you weren't. Maybe it's just because I think you were pregnant the last time I actually saw you in person. Anyway, kind of weird. Keep having fun!!
Post a Comment