
Our ward did a food drive for the homeless shelter as well as an EXPO at the Plaza (some people call it a mall but it isn't!) :) Over 20 tables were there teaching topics ranging from 72 hour kits to budgeting, mental health, food storage, and ways to save money. There were kids activities with each station, flyers, and really cool presentations. I learned a lot and was happy to see how everything came together. Cub scouts and leaders spent the day collecting food door to door and we ended up with tons of food for the shelter too. We ended it all with a potluck at the church with the homeless people. A very full day!
I don't consider myself crafty or creative but came up with something I was really proud of. Who knew plastic grocery bags could be turned into something useful? And next time we see a good pallet we'll probably save it and turn it into something useful too.
(Picture to be added later)
As we were talking to people coming by it was cool to hear how they appreciated all of our hard work. Several made a point to come up and thank us for doing the Expo. Some asked if we were going to be doing one every year (I don't think so!). :)
I can't wait to hear what people all over the world did.What did you do for your day of service?
3 comments:
Wow! That sounds amazing!
A day of service? What?! ;-)
Can't wait to see your photo of your creation...I'm very curious!
Oops I didn't know that it was a day of service... my bad! Check out your awesome board, clever girl! You should post the other pics on here that you texted me. And those water bottle flowers would be perfect Christmas ornaments! =) Been thinkin' about you.
Post a Comment